Sunday 14 February 2010

An exciting new project!

One exciting outcome of my "Quiet Voices" event at the Tate in January, was meeting Gis "von Ice", manager of the emerging post-rock band "For a minor reflection" from Reykjavik. We talked loosely about collaboration, based upon the Iceland themed work I was showing that night.
The upshot of this is that I, along with my daughter Phoebe and former student Lucy Wilson are to make four films for their forthcoming UK tour. I shall be using material collected and shot on my last visit to Iceland with Simon Wild - who will also be contributing photography for the pieces.
I have already made a start to this project, some stills below:





2 comments:

  1. hello john

    watch 'my neighbour totoro', it is the best ghibli film! sweeter and less intense than spitited away

    also......

    my blog is

    http://feptopiachronicles.blogspot.com/

    it was good to see you, hope all is well

    ReplyDelete