Sunday 16 August 2009

Whispering Stones







This current batch of work is one of several paths I tread, and a refreshing diversion from the long period spent making films and music visuals. In many respects, it goes back to my roots, and thus gives me some creative breathing space.
The premise is simple - bringing found or observed elements together from a walk or journey. I have long been fascinated with the minutiae of my immediate surroundings and have developed a keen eye over the years. I usually have a camera of one sort or another with me, and my wallet is often to be found with a little feather, or decomposed leaf in it!
The image above is made from photographs taken in Hali, Iceland, collaged over a background formed mostly from stained paper (Tea & Coffee) and decaying surfaces, also collected on my travels. The title alludes to some rather fascinating Icelandic folklore, which I'll go into at a later date.....

1 comment: